Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Culligan N8 Water Softener Won't Stop Running during the Recharge

Posted by jacladek (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 11:11

My husband hit the recharge button and the softener went into recharge mode. It ran for hours and hours. We unplugged the system to turn it off in hopes that it would re-set. When we plugged it back in, it was still in recharge mode. Our water is still in need of a charge. We have well-water (hard). Is there a quick fix in order to get it to recharge and then turn off until it has to recharge again?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Culligan N8 Water Softener Won't Stop Running during the Rech

I don't know why but my posts keeps getting deleted here.
The main piston/sealpack is probably jammed. The piston gets bent and jams up causing the system to run to drain constantly. Culligan has a retrofit kit to repair this issue. It contains a new sealpack, refill piston and newly designed guides to prevent this problem from happening again. This kit is available at your culligan dealer. Unfortunately there is no quick fix for this problem. If you are handy this is a pretty basic repair. Takes about 20 minutes.
RJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here