Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
high arc faucet option

Posted by jilljohn (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 10:53

I like the idea of easier pot filling with a high arc faucet,and am attracted to the pull down spray feature, but most seem so high and large and I fear will overpower my standard sink and modest kitchen. Has anyone used one of the high arc prep faucets at their main sink, or is that a no-no? (I did read on one of the prep faucet spec sheets, to not use with a dishwasher.)

Here is my current sink and faucet. I am considering replacing the sink with a Blancodiamond single or 1 1/2 drop in, or may do stainless again. I really wanted a single hole, pull down with no deck plate.

old sink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: high arc faucet option

I have wondered the same thing-your kitchen sink, sprayer, and window placement look exactly like mine! I have decided to go forward and replace the sink, countertops and get a new Ladylux 3 pull down faucet. I want the one hole as well so hopefully it will look alright. I figure, it's what is convenient for me so as long as I'm happy our house will be happy!

o

You'll have to replace your countertops to a solid surface like granite if you want a single hole faucet install. Or you can just cover the other 3 holes with cover plates if you keep a topmount sink. Undermounting a sink and using a single hole faucet greatly simplifies the "busyness" of the installation and looks much better than having the "soldier lineup" of a 4 hole faucet and topmount sink.

o

Yes, I like the simple look without all the pop ups. It appears the blanco single topmount comes with one hole in the right corner, and an optional knock out in the left corner, and I've seen other sinks where you can specify how many holes. What are your feelings about the size of those high arc faucets?

o

The Danze Fairmont is less than 11 inches tall, but has a side sprayer. How close does the sprayer need to be installed to the faucet? The single sink's holes would be about 23 inches apart (one at each corner).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here