Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sewage backup

Posted by bharatkasapoot123 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 10:49

Hi,

the home sewage is backedup. Discovered the problem in the basement toilet. It was bubbling intermittently. The laundry room that is adjacent to the bathroom had water backing out of the floor drain.

I got the plumber in and he could not find my outside cleanout. There was no inside cleanout to be found. He had to rod through the toilet. At 73 feet he found water logging but could not proceed with his rodder. The problem still remains. Record high rains for the last 48 hours has not helped. I have plugged the toilet and the drain.

The plumber is saying without the cleanout he cannot proceed and we should dig all 6000 dollars worth.

Are there any options? Can I do this myself?

I might have found a cleanout in the home. Does this look like a cleanout?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sewage backup

Try running a camera from the manhole.

You will see either a blockage or a collapsed line.

How old a house/

How old a line?
What kind of line? (what you see inside the foundation has almost nothing to do with what the lateral is made of).

o
RE: sewage backup

the house is 1967
the line is clay
the plumber says he cannot rod through the toilet since that opening is small. He wants to rod through the cleanout. Does this look like one?

Thanks for responding

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here