Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sump pump question

Posted by stallie334 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 18, 13 at 10:00

My question is regarding possible short cycling of my sump pump.

I have a newly built house in an area with a high water table so during construction I had dual sump pump basins installed. In the main basin I have a Zoeller m267 and as my back up in the secondary basin I have a Zoeller m53.

We've had three days of heavy rain so the m267 is running at least 20 times an hour non stop and it empties the basin in less then 10 seconds. I'm concerned the pump is short cycling and its going to burn out.

Does any have an opinion on this? Should I replace it? Will this Zoeller handle that kind of usage?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sump pump question

Sounds like it might be a little oversize.

How abnormal is "three days of heavy rain" for your area?

The Zoeller 267 appears to be listed as a sewage ejection pump.

Why so heavy duty for a sump pump?]
Is the other pump smaller?

How easy is it top swap them?

20 times an hour for 10 seconds is going to put a load on start windings and it is not going to be submerged much while running for cooling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here