Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasperdog_gw

Water heater recommendations

jasperdog
11 years ago

We are rebuilding from the foundation up. We need to decide on a water heater. Most of the information I am seeing on line is at least 5 years old and I would like to think there have been inprovements in technology with in the last 5 years.

We have a 4000 sq ft home with 2 full baths, 1 three quarter bath, 1 half bath, and the usual assortment of appliances. Since this is basically new construction the cost with replacing an old water heater does not apply. The majority of the time there will be 2 adults.

We live in a cold climate with winter incoming water temperature as low as the mid 30s. The largest water usage would be a 75 gal bathtub. Due to the design of the house the water heater will be centrally located, but runs to the master bath and the half bath are approximately 50 ft.

My main concern is being able to run 1 shower and one water using appliance at the same time, or two showeres at the same time when we have more people staying. The other concern is adequate sizing to fill the tub.

I am looking for recommendations of what type of system to get since this is new construction, and what size. Venting will be directly out the wall adjacent to the water heater. The plumber is fond of Rheem. We have no preference other than a system that is reliable and will provide us with adequate hot water.

Comments (4)