Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Multiple well pressure tanks??

Posted by olddawg (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 8:38

Didn't see a thread on this.

Just read an article talking about the benefits of adding multiple pressure tanks to the system.

Main thought was less work for the well pump, not needing to run as often.

Anyone here doing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Multiple well pressure tanks??

No response yet, so I figure it's as nice out where you are as here.

I'm thinking this could be a good back-up for power outage and I'm looking for 'inexpensive' ways of getting more water.

Yes, I know, these tanks are not cheap.

Just curious what you all have done and what you've learned.

o

"Just read an article talking about the benefits of adding multiple pressure tanks to the system. "

More tanks equal greater drawdown volume, true. But a larger tank won't have synchronization problems that multiples could, which will INCREASE pump cycling and take up more space to boot.

"I'm thinking this could be a good back-up for power outage..."

Not in the sense of having reserve water. You're better off filling jugs and storing in advance.

o

When my well contractor replaced my pump with a higher GPM one (after a drawdown test showed the well could supply it), he also had to increase the pressure tank volume, so the new pump wouldn't cycle too frequently. He accomplished this by adding a second pressure tank, in parallel with the original one. They're of similar if not identical size.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here