Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bladderless versus bladder pressure tanks

Posted by jeanwedding (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 2:11

We were told several days ago that a pressure tank without the replacement type bladder is best.
Person said they can leak and rust the tank... Is that true in your experiences???
We want a bigger tank than the present 6 gallon replaceable bladder type... like a 19 gallon one
Because our pump comes on every toliet flush... Duh>>>>

I just thought a replacement bladder type pressure tank would be less to go into a landfill
still newbie to wells
what are your all thoughts and experiences
thanks all
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bladderless versus bladder pressure tanks

Are you certain you mean bladderless vs bladder and not
attached vs replaceable bladder?

I would not recommend a bladderless tank - it requires more attention on the part of the homeowner. Forgetting to periodically add air will result in short-cycling your pump, wearing it out sooner.

While a replaceable bladder is theoretically a great idea, replacement is not an easy job on most tanks and beyond many DIYer's ability. A good bladder tank should last many, many years and may be recycled at the end of its life.

o

I meant to say one like we HAD till today...One that you can supposedly replace the bladder...
Thanks
Jean

o

I have three tanks with integral (non-replaceable) bladder that are over 30 years old and still function properly.
Imagine trying to find just the replaceable bladder for a tank after just 10 years.

o

Bus driver
do you mean units like I've seen with no bladders at all ???
I believe they are galvnized
Or do you mean pressure tank units that have non replaceable bladders? just curious
thanks
Jean

o

"I have three tanks with integral (non-replaceable) bladder --".
Put emphasis on the WITH and it will be clear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here