Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I separate the faucet/handles from 4' centerset faucet

Posted by tofu_flavored (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 0:28

First, I know nothing about plumbing. But is it possible (for someone who does know stuff about plumbing) to separate the components of a 4" centerset faucet? Obviously it couldn't be the kind where the spout is molded from the base, but rather the kind where it swivels (I'm assuming the swiveling kind of spout is not attached to the base but I could be wrong). This would essentially create a widespread faucet. Reason for doing? The 4" faucets are less expensive than the widespread, and sometimes the 4" pieces are a little smaller than the widespread; also, easier to clean separate components. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I separate the faucet/handles from 4' centerset faucet

Most 4 inch sets use a single valve body and outlet.

There are separable sets available that connect with hoses.

Try Renovator's Supply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here