Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brine tank size

Posted by amateurplumber (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 23:26

This may seem like a weird question, but shouldnt all round 18x33" tanks hold the same amount of salt?

So far, just looking around, one website i can buy from has the capacity listed as 375 lbs, another website has the capacity listed as 325 lbs, and another site has the capacity listed as 240 lbs. I would think the largest one would be the best, but I have no experience with these things so I'll defer to you. Any reason for the discrepancy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brine tank size

Some may estimate with different types of salt with different densities. Some may estimate with the tank empty. Some may estimate with or without the brine well, with or without a salt platform. Now, throw in a typo or two.

If all of the tanks you are looking at are 18x33 round, there is no such thing as the "largest" 18x33 round tank. They are all the same size. Since one round 18x33 tank has the same volume as another round 18x33 tank, which has the same volume as yet another round 18x33 tank, and every other round 18x33 tank, it just does not matter.

o
RE: Brine tank size

That's what I figured too. You bring up some good points. Thanks for the information Alice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here