Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning out pvc deck and lawn drains

Posted by bigfoot2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 22:27

I recently bought a house which has outside drainage problems. In heavy rain, it backs up into the garage, and almost into the house.

There are PVC drains for the pool deck and the lawn. They were poorly designed and we will probably have to replace some of them.

However, the real problem is all of the stuff which has gotten into the drains. I'm guessing they had some missing 3" drain covers. I have pulled out: a plastic easter egg, several toy cars, lots of pine cones, gravel that's an inch or more across, and assorted other toys and debris.

So far, I have gotten things out by reaching as far as I could into the drains, and by using a toilet plunger on the clogged drains during heavy rain. Aggressively using the plunger often bring things like toys all the way out of the drain. But I'm quite sure there is more large stuff in there. Any idea how to get it out? This is 3 and 4 inch PVC. The longer runs are about 25 feet between drains. Most of them are buried under concrete decks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning out pvc deck and lawn drains

You may be able to push loose debris out by using a garden how with the water on as high as it goes as a snake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here