Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's wrong with my sprinkler?

Posted by julieabc_2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 24, 10 at 21:10

My sprinkler system is Rain Bird ESP-TM. It does not work now. When it is time to water the lawn, the controller displays zone 1's minutes count down to 0, then zone 2's minutes count down to 0, and so on until the last zone. But none of the sprinkler head from any zone comes up. Of course not water is sprinkled either.

What's wrong with my sprinkler system? How can I fix it? Any help is highly appreciated.

Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's wrong with my sprinkler?

If there is a main shut off valve to your sprinkler system, check that first.

o

Thanks. That is the reason. Last fall, my waterbill rose abnormally. In order to test if there is a leak, I turned on and off every switch. Apparently, I forgot to turn on the main valve for sprinkler system.

I am happy that my sprinkler is good. Thanks again.

o

I have a Hunter system with one zone not working. I manually turned on the zone but nothing. I also have water in my control box outside where the valves are located. Any simple fixes or should I call repair? Other zonez work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here