Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisadlu

Irrigation leak normal???

lisadlu
10 years ago

On the outside water pipe coming from the house I have a set up of two anti-syphon or control irrigation valves, the pool cut off, and a regular water valve to hook the hose on. All of these things had slow leaks so we had the plumber come out and replace all the valves. One of the irrigation valves (both valves are on an irrigation timer) had a slow leak so they came out and tightened the screws. It was still very slowly seeping around the screws so I called them out again. They fiddled around and said the very tiny amount of water seeping is normal. The other irrigation valve is not doing this. We actually paid more for brass valves rather than plastic (I would have gotten the plastic but my husband dealt with them the first time). Does this sound reasonable? I don't believe there should be any small amount of moisture on this valve.. I also hear the water sloshing around in the irrigation pipes all the time, regardless if the timer has recently turned the water on or not. Plumber says this is the dripping of the water inside the pipe and is normal. See photos below. Opinions??

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus