Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growl...my Danze Potfiller is leaking.....

Posted by beekeeperswife (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 16, 10 at 20:15

First, it's not the plumbing, but the faucet. But when I turn on the faucet, right at the beginning of the first part of the arm that is closest to the wall (where it twists), water comes out. There is a screw cap on there.

This is the Danze Opulence wall mounted pot filler.

Couple of questions, and no I don't have money to burn, BUT...

1. Danze's customer service was closed when I called this evening I sent an email. I will call in the morning.

2. My tile isn't up yet (procrastination and indecision are finally paying off), so should I abandon my Danze potfiller totally before the tile goes up in 2 weeks and splurge and get a more reliable brand? I purchased this one last summer at the beginning of this reno. Yes, I can wait for the parts to get here, have them installed, but then what if it fails again in another 6 months and I want to replace it after the tiling is done? That's a disaster.

3. If I do replace it, would the new faucet fit where the Danze is connected? I think it is a pretty standard size hole, etc.

4. If you tell me to abandon ship, what brand should I get?

I appreciate all your help. No need to tell me NOT to have a potfiller, I want it, I have it, I use it, and except for this issue with the faucet itself,I love it.

Thanks,
Bee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growl...my Danze Potfiller is leaking.....

Newform Moony 3140 is a higher quality spout with fewer moving parts.
Extendable spouts were patented around 1950, by Dornbracht : today they offer them in their Meta.02 and Tara series. More money and high quality.

o

I would try to screw off the cap, remove the arm, and see if there was an o-ring or other seal to replace or lubricate.

o

I called yesterday. There are 2 o rings in there. They are sending replacements. The "technical" service rep, knew exactly what I was talking about. I asked if she hears about this often,she said yes. I guess we will stick with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here