Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wild_fins

Water Softener: Eliminator Pro vs. Fleck 7000?

wild.fins
10 years ago

I am in the market for a water softener and pretty much decide on the Fleck 7000 SXT 48K for our home. From this forum, I learned that Clack valve could be a better option but it's not readily available online and parts seem hard to find so may as well stick with Fleck.

I then came across this site http://www.apluswater.net/Eliminator%20Pro.htm which also carries the Eliminator Pro Water Softener series (48K). It comes standard with 10% crosslink resin and same mfr warranties and about $200 less expensive than Fleck 7000 (48K with 10% crosslink resin option).

Anybody knows anything about the Eliminator Pro water softener series? http://www.eliminatorpro.com/index.html

Also, any reputable online companies to recommend to order the Fleck 7000 as I got $1200 (self-install) quote or so from my local stores - really want to support local business but it's almost twice as much...

Thanks...

Here is a link that might be useful: Eliminator Pro Water Softener Series

Comment (1)

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    10 years ago

I've not seen an Eliminator Pro in person so cannot comment as to build quality. They've not been around long enough for good reliability data. Perhaps you could ask your vendor if they keep maintenance statistics.

A couple of observations based on their promotional material:

1. They claim 10% crosslinked resin will remove more hardness. This is a false claim.

2. They claim their 14x14" square tank is "extra large," whatever that means. I'm not a big fan of square tanks because they tend to deform. When you place a lot of outward pressure on a square plastic tank, it tends to deform in an attempt to get to a round shape where the pressure will be equalized in every direction radially. A round tank suffers no such deformation because it's shape already allows for equal pressure in each direction radially.

3. I'm not fond of the controller's programming capability. It's very like the old Fleck 5600SE which Fleck moved on from years ago:

4. The used does not have control over reserve capacity as a separate programming item.

5. Hardness and capacity are not entered as separate items.

6. The user control over capacity, hardness and reserve is entered as one number - gallons. This means if your hardness changes or you find that you are getting some hard water right before regen, you need to recalculate gallons and enter it. It places the calculational burden all on you while at the same time providing you with fewer means to obtain the result you want. This is my personal preference - it may not be a problem for you.

You came here with your softener size predetermined. Do you mind if I inquired as to how you arrived at 1.5 cuft softener size? I ask because incorrectly-sized softeners are all too common, even from water treatment pros.