Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

vintage radiator needs replacement

Posted by Zophie (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 18:24

I have a leak in a small vintage in-wall steam radiator, 18" wide, 5" deep, 2" tall. We discovered the leak while renovating the bathroom. The leak isn't' coming from the feed pipe, but is a crack in the radiator itself.

What can I replace it with? I've searched the web but haven't found anything. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: vintage radiator needs replacement

A google search for Heating Convectors came up with a few manufacturers. I'd call a couple to see if they have any that fits your need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Residential Convectors

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here