Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bowyer123

Running out ot hot water w Marathon WH

bowyer123
11 years ago

I just moved to a new home. We installed one 105 gallon Marathon water heater. Twice now we have run out of hot water. Today it was on the 4th consecutive shower and after a light load of laundry. I know that is a lot of usage, but they were all short showers 5-8 minutes if I had to guess.

Our previous home hat 2, 50 gallon gas water heaters and I don't ever recall running out of water. Our shower heads are Delta, and Brizo, not sure of the gpm flow, but they are standard sizes.

Originally our WH was producing very HOT water, so we turned the temp down to 125' from 140'.

I have a large family of 5 girls/women plus me, so hot water issues are not good when everyone wants to get ready at the same time. I heard some not-so-nice words from my wife in the shower when the hot water ran out while there was conditioner in her hair.

Any suggestions, or are we just going to have this issue forever? If necessary and feasible, I may have to add another HWH, but I really can't imagine needing so many gallons, especially considering we have had 2 50's for the last 10 years without issues.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

This post was edited by bowyer123 on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 18:27

Comments (5)