Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Masters Water Conditioner

Posted by drymanhattan (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 18:08

I am considering installing a water softener to ameliorate our hard water and calcium buildup. The immediate purpose is to save our new glass shower doors and appliances, but longer term I think it is wise to do for the inaccessible pipes in the slab (although I understand it will have nothing to do with the hot water heat pipes.) Because of space constraints, the water treatment company has recommended a Masters Water Conditioning MP-MCS-48 unit, together with a Quno cartridge filter. (The need for the filter is annoying since we already have an Aqua Pure filter, but it is in the wrong place to connect to the softener.) Any opinions about these products? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Masters Water Conditioner

I couldn't find reference to an MCS - is it perhaps MCA? If that is the case, I'm not a fan of the Vortec system they use. It is a somewhat flimsy piece of plastic, prone to breaking. A simple gravel underbed does a better job withou zero possibility of breaking.

The first step is always analysis. Without knowing your water conditions, no one here can possibly tell you whether the equipment is appropriate for your needs.

First, what are you trying to remove with the Quno(Cuno?) fitler? Is it for sediment, chlorine, what?

City water or private well?
Water analysis (pH, TDS, hardness, iron, manganese)
# of people in the home?
Any high water use fixtures?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here