Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tankless hot water noritz nrc111 or rinnai rc98hpi

Posted by TonySak (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 16:36

Thanks for readings! I'm new at this, which do you think is better?

Side note: We have to get a propane unit first then when we can open the street in 2 years convert to NG. The NG conversion kit on the Rinnai is $400. The conversion kit on the Noritz is $170 which is more normal.

That being said, the Noritz seems to have a much better flow rate than the Rinnai, however the Riannai is a little more efficent. I'm leaning to the Nortiz.

Do you guys have any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tankless hot water noritz nrc111 or rinnai rc98hpi

Both good units. Flow rate is actually closer than you think, Rinnai has a habit of showing 30 degree rise in their spec while all others show 35 degrees, making Rinnai appear better. Although 1% more in efficiency means a minute more in flow rise.

The big difference between the two is the Noritz is PVC vented while the Rinnai is their brand Polypropylene which is expensive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here