Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aerobic septic system/sprinkler question

Posted by progsooner (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 07 at 16:13

Our house has an aerobic septic system. We just put in an in-ground pool. We now need to move the two sprinkler heads that discharge the water from the septic. I have had a difficult time getting the septic guys to come out. I was thinking about asking the sprinkler system guy to "rework or move" the aerobic system heads during the time he would be there to replace the regular sprinkler system as this needs to be reworked from the pool construction. Does the septic guys have to do this or can the sprinkler system guy move the heads?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aerobic septic system/sprinkler question

In many jurisdictions, persons working on septic systems are licensed to do so. I doubt that the irrigation guys have such a licence. Getting this work done by licenced personel protects you against liability.

o

In our area we had to get a septic permit from the county based on the design of the system. I don't know if there might be problems down the road if you tried to tell for the unpermitted changes. Also, I believe there is some caculation involved in the pipe length and direction that effects flow rates and discharge. That might be something to consider as well.

o

I was asking can I change the setting not the time just the direction of the sprinklers. I had the system serviced this am and he changed them, but one is not right--I watched him (not right over him) but it did not look difficult. I cant call him back out, then I would have to pay him another service call.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here