Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
outside faucet

Posted by lucky1_gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 16:04

Hi, this might be a strange question, but I'll try anyway. Our outside faucet is a frost free type. All the pipes to it were drained all winter to prevent any type of frozen pipes. In the last week we've opened the pipes back up and used this faucet with no problems and no leaks. The temps have not gotten close to freezing. This morning I found the faucet dripping pretty good. No one has turned it on for days. (unless some stranger came and used it for some reason which is doubtful)
Is there any reason that this could happen? I've turned it on and then back off again and it's not dripping anymore other than the usual drip or two after it's been turned off. This was installed brand new one year ago.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: outside faucet

If I had to guess, I'd say there was some gunk in the line after opening and closing the valves and the seal didn't close completely on the outside one. You ran some water through it, flushing out the gunk, and now it works properly again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here