Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeblessings_gw

faucet panic

Homeblessings
11 years ago

I posted this over on the kitchen forum, but then thought I might find some plumbing experts over here. Here's my dilemma:

I ordered this faucet after I read a review on it that it could be mounted with the handle in the front.

After receiving the faucet and looking at the mounting instructions I was unsure if I could do this. I have searched and searched but I can't find that review, and I'm now wondering if I was mistaken and it was for a different faucet.
I used the Q&A service seen on many of the internet shopping sites to ask if the handle could be mounted on the front. I have received 3 conflicting answers. Here they are:

"I took a look at the installation spec sheets for this product and based on how it installs there doesn't seem to be any reason why you wouldn't be able to install this with the handle in the front."

"The Vigo VG02001 can not be mounted any differently than displayed in the picture."

"The handle can only be mounted on the side."

The counters are being templated next week, and I need to let them know where I want the hole for the faucet to be. I may not have enough room with the granite backsplash if it has to be mounted on the side.

Does anyone here have plumbing knowledge that can look at the instructions and let me know for sure,or does anyone have this faucet who has mounted it in the front?
Here's the link to the mounting directions:

Comments (3)