Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
faucet panic

Posted by Homeblessings (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 15:54

I posted this over on the kitchen forum, but then thought I might find some plumbing experts over here. Here's my dilemma:

I ordered this faucet after I read a review on it that it could be mounted with the handle in the front.

After receiving the faucet and looking at the mounting instructions I was unsure if I could do this. I have searched and searched but I can't find that review, and I'm now wondering if I was mistaken and it was for a different faucet.
I used the Q&A service seen on many of the internet shopping sites to ask if the handle could be mounted on the front. I have received 3 conflicting answers. Here they are:

"I took a look at the installation spec sheets for this product and based on how it installs there doesn't seem to be any reason why you wouldn't be able to install this with the handle in the front."

"The Vigo VG02001 can not be mounted any differently than displayed in the picture."

"The handle can only be mounted on the side."

The counters are being templated next week, and I need to let them know where I want the hole for the faucet to be. I may not have enough room with the granite backsplash if it has to be mounted on the side.

Does anyone here have plumbing knowledge that can look at the instructions and let me know for sure,or does anyone have this faucet who has mounted it in the front?
Here's the link to the mounting directions:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: faucet panic

Should not be a problem at all. Some of the vigo faucet reviews show them installed to the front.

If you want to be absolutely sure, call Vigo customer service and ask if it can swivel 360 degrees (and if not, what is the swivel range from the center of the faucet

Vigo customer service ( I pulled this from the web, so not sure if it's accurate):

800-777-8784

Here is a link that might be useful: Vigo

o

Thanks so much. I am planning to call on Monday. Thanks for the number.

Can you tell me where I can find a picture of one installed in front. I haven't seen one on model #VG0200.

o

according to the site it can rotate 360*.

But it is not clear to me how far the handle rotates for hot/cold. The picture is something like 0*-90* which doesn't make a lot of sense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here