Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lalithar

Connecting Kinetico RO to a pot filler - Can do or a bad idea?

lalithar
12 years ago

Hi folks,

I remember reading a thread here about connecting a RO to a pot filler faucet but my search on the forum and google site search has not pulled up any thing.

Here is what we want to do. We have a a Kinetico K5 in the attic. Currently, it wil only be connected to a drinking water faucet at the sink. I would also like to connect the Pot filler to the K5 system so that we get filtered water from the pot filler.

The kinetico guy refused to connect as the current pipe for the pot filler is a 1/2 inch copper. He suggested that we need PVC pipe as he cannot connect RO water to metal pipe as it is aggressive and will leach away the metal. How should the plumbing look like here? Even if I can get a PVC pipe, I am assuming that the joint where it connects to the faucet has to be metal? What about the faucet as well. I have stainless steel pot filler from Franke. I am OK with not very high flow rate but should I still connect the K5 to a larger tank? I am assuming that this will be a different manufacturer than Kinetico.

Comments (7)