Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moving faucet from one sink to another

Posted by baltomom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 24, 11 at 14:01

How difficult is this to do? I ask because I have a plumber coming to install a new faucet on my kitchen sink, and I just realized that I'd prefer to have the faucet on my prep sink on my kitchen sink, and have the plumber install the new faucet on my prep sink.

It costs $105 per hour for the plumber's time. Is it worth it to have him move these faucets around, ie how much time does it take to remove a faucet from one sink and move it to another sink? Also, will there be issues with removing a faucet on an existing sink, ie parts that will need to be replaced, etc? The faucet on the prep sink is working fine at the moment, and I don't want to create problems where there are none. This is an aesthetic choice.

FWIW, the faucets in question are Grohe Ladylux Cafe and Ladylux Pro. Are these finicky/difficult to install or remove?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moving faucet from one sink to another

Since they are both kitchen faucets, as opposed to one being a bathroom faucet, there should be no great difficulty in moving them around as long as the old one is in good material condition. Parts requirements, if any, would be in the form of generic replacement supply lines.

o
RE: moving faucet from one sink to another

Thanks. The old one is only three years old, and rarely used, so I think all systems are go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here