Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenz_gw

Pull-Out Spray Faucets

gardenz
16 years ago

Putting in new faucets in new Corian countertop. I'd like a faucet w/fewest number of holes, so I'm considering one of the new (to me anyway) faucets w/the sprayer attached. I'm used to the separate sprayer. My concern is will I have to struggle each time I put the sprayer head back into the faucet? I've seen ones on display where half of it's hanging out of the faucet. I don't like having to take extra time to fiddle w/something as basic as using a faucet.

Anyone had experience w/these pull-out spray faucets? Thanks for any advice you can share.

Comments (7)

• dan_martyn
    16 years ago

I worked at Home Depot for two years. When the display faucets are made up, the faucet/spray lines are cut so they fit the display block. After some time the displays become loose and look aweful. In reality, your new faucet will not look like that. The pullout type faucets have an adjustable weight on the flexible line to the pullout. The weight will always pull the head back into place each time it is used. If the head is not pulled tight to the faucet then the weight needs adjustment. You are looking for a one hole faucet, there are many to choose from.

Dan Martyn

• asolo
    16 years ago

I've had them in my homes for about 20 years. Quality varies. The one that lasts and performs best is Grohe. If you've got the bucks, get it. (about 3 times as much as big-box-store offerings) Really built and uses spring instead of weight for retrieval.

• leah810
    16 years ago

i just recieved my grohe pullout today and although it is not yet installed it looks beautiful!! check out the kitchen site on gardeweb-many many discussions regarding pullout faucets and how everyone loves them. make sure you get a quality one so it will last. also if you get one checkout online sites to order as they can be > 50%less expensive then in store. pullouts also are easier to keep clean/free of spots as the handles are usually on the side and out of "drip" range when washing hands....good luck

• gardenz
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for your responses. Dan, you make a good point in explaining that the fixtures displayed in stores aren't set up as they would be in a home setting and would also tend to become mishandled by so many customers yanking on them.

Leah and asolo, you've given me good reason to reconsider any doubts I may have had about the pull outs. Honestly? That's what I really wanted, but was leery. And, "yes", I figure if I'm going through all the time and money :( to redo my kitchen, I shouldn't scrimp on a rather prominent feature such as a faucet. I also agree that Groehe is a really top line as Franke and some Moens appear to be.

I'll be visiting some more stores this weekend that are a little bit upscale and hopefully can find one then. Definitely will check them out online before buying, too. I've already saved quite a lot on items for my new kitchen that I saw in person, but wound up buying (successfully) online. Thanks again.

• asolo
    16 years ago

"I shouldn't scrimp on a rather prominent feature such as a faucet."

You have the right idea about that. In most homes (certainly in mine!) the kitchen faucet is the single most-used fixture. Cheapo's are a constant, minute-by-minute, day-after-day annoyance. A good one is a convenient joy to use. IMHO, careful consideration -- and perhaps extra expense -- is more than justified. Take your time and get what you want.

• conniel
    16 years ago

I just bought the Grohe K4 pull out faucet. It drips for 10 to fifteen minutes after every use. The company sent me a new cartridge but that didn't help. They said it was just the water accumulating in the shower head. I'm just sick. I paid a fortune and certainly did not expect it to drip. Has anyone else had this experience??????

• hamster
    16 years ago

I put the Kohler Fairfax pullout in my kitchen remodel 5 years ago and it gets pulled out several times a day everyday. As good as new. Nothing bad to say about it. I would recommend - never drips or gets droopy. Order online and save a bundle.