Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
btointheeto

Temporary Basement Shower in Preparation for Full Bath Renovation

btointheeto
11 years ago

Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a long time and I've finally joined after buying a house last August.

I am in the very early stages of planning for a renovation of my full bath on the second floor. To allow myself to take my time doing the work, I plan on setting up a temporary shower in the basement. Before anyone asks, yes I will obtain permits for any work I do, so you need not worry about that.

My question has two parts. First, I am curious to know if there are any questionable plumbing practices shown in the attached picture. Based on some screwy electrical things I've found, I wouldn't be surprised. So please take a close look and comment on what you see.

Please note that the vent in the top picture turns 90 degrees at the basement ceiling, crosses the basement, and connects to the stack in the middle and bottom pictures where I have indicated. Seems interesting, but I would like your thoughts.

Also, whoever added the half bath off the kitchen seems to have brought the vent shown down to the basement to connect to the existing vent. Is this okay?

The second question is this: what would be the best way to drain/vent a shower into the existing plumbing? I would like to use a Saniflo Sanishower or equivalent product to avoid any concrete smashing.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification. I look forward to your input and, as I get more involved in this forum, your personal attacks. :)

Thank you,

Joe P.

Comments (2)