Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installing a stainless steel sink - questions

Posted by kashka_kat (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 9, 10 at 12:47

Hello,

I've been doing my own laminate countertops AND now getting to the point of installing the sink.

QUESTION- when I set it in the hole it appears that when the corners of the sink lie flat against the counter, the rim is bowed in the center so there's a 1/4" gap. Will this be pulled down when the screws are tightened - or is it defective? When I try to push it down with my hand it's not easy to get it down

What kind of caulk or would you use plumber putty on the underside of the rim? Would want something that doesn't stain the laminate.

THX!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installing a stainless steel sink - questions

1/4" gap -- over 30 inches ? Over 20 inches?

If you mention which sink it is, someone might track down an image to see the angle of the fold at the rim.

Put a 10 or 20 pound weight on it and post again to say whether this is enough to flatten more than 1/8" (half of the gap).

o

Is it a brand new sink?
I would use a clear silicon caulk.

o

Its a Kindred qsl 2225 8 - here's a picture - pretty isnt it! Just hope it works - the gap is about 1/4 over 25" span. I can push it down with my hand all the way but it takes a lot of effort. I'll try the weights and report back.

http://www.kindredcanada.com/pdf/SteelQueen/QSL2225_8.pdf

o
RE: Installing a stainless steel sink PS

It is brand new.

The instructions say caulk not needed (there's this foam rubber gasket thing in under the rim) but I want to make it idiot proof. Do not want to have leaking issues EVER.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here