Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Low pressure supply line

Posted by chickweedatl (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 11:55

The hot water pressure to the kitchen sink has gotten worse and worse and is now a little more than a trickle. I'm assuming we have calcification, or something restricting flow in the line. I've pulled off the supply lines at the sink and confirmed that this is not a faucet problem.

Is there anything I can do to clean a line? Can a plumber clean out the line? Or, is this going to require replacing the line?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Low pressure supply line

Do you have the same problem with other hot water faucets in the house?

o
RE: Low pressure supply line

If you have an older house, you likely have galvanized pipes that are uniformly corroded, and the only solution is to replace them. If they are copper or plastic, you may have a more specific blockage somewhere. You could also have a problem relating to the hot water heater outlet fitting (if all the sinks are affected).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here