Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hansgrohe T302 showe system came and body sprays are plastic!

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 11:08

is this standard for this price point? We really splurged to get this shower system and nowhere online does it suggest the parts are plastic. In fact, they say metal. Will this "chrome" paint on plastic peel off eventually and cause us to need to replace the body sprays? This is really disappointing. Who makes a shower system without plastic parts like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hansgrohe T302 showe system came and body sprays are plastic!

We purchased a rather pricey Grohe faucet for the kitchen about 7 years ago, and were also surprised by the plastic coating on the head of the pullout. And yes, it does peel. We've replaced it twice in 7 years, but each time Grohe has sent it to us free of charge without any argument at all. I've been told that it's plastic in the shower systems to prevent the head from getting too hot. Maybe Hansgrohe will handle this the same way, as they do have a lifetime warranty, and were once associated with Grohe. We will be buying a Grohe shower system in the next month or so, and it is also plastic. This time we won't worry about it.

o
RE: Hansgrohe T302 showe system came and body sprays are plastic!

KEEP YOUR RECIEPT!

Like chloe mentions, they will honor the lifetime warranty. But you must show proof of purchase.

The warranty does not cover things related to water quality, vandalism or theft. Brass and copper are very prone to theft and vandalism. Anywhere outside of my personal residence, I would prefer to use plastic for that very reason.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here