Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foaming and smelly water from a new kholer faucet

Posted by springdale78 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 2, 11 at 9:11

Recently we purchased a kholer faucet with the pull out head for our kitchen sink. We have other kholer faucets in our home and have always been satisfied. A week after installation both my husband and I noticed that the water was foaming and had a chemical taste / smell when first turned on after not being used for a couple hours. I thought it must have been some residue left in the lines from when it was manufacured and it would go away after being used. After several weeks nothing changed and I was beginning to be concerned about what we were ingesting when we drank the water. A very simple search online showed that this seemed to be a common problem with both kholer and moen faucets. Since it had been less than 2 months since I purchased the faucet we decided to see if we could return it to home depot where we purchased it. We took the faucet back with no box and no receipt. Home depot was able to look up the purchase using our credit card number and did not have any problems taking it back after I told them about what I had read online. The gentleman in the plumbing department recommended getting a delta replacement faucet since I refused to buy another kholer or moen. The delta was easy to install and our water is back to normal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foaming and smelly water from a new kholer faucet

hmm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here