Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Toilet Seat Question

Posted by tmy23 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 8:52

Thanks in advance for any help.

On our Kohler toilet, the seat is attached to the bowl with two 3-part brass hinges. The center section bolts to the bowl, the inner to the bottom of the toilet seat and the outer section connects to the lid.

The hinge "pin" that runs through these three sections is plastic and has sheered off. One of my kids must have been doing the twist on the bowl :)....anyway, I have scoured the internet, unable to find a replacement plastic pin...but of course I can find the hinge for $130 each....

Does anyone know where I can find the pins, or what I can use? I am hesitant to use a piece of dowel, because it will soak up water and rot. Maybe a piece of PVC?

thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Toilet Seat Question

Hi A couple of ideas.
Get the diameter of the piece you need. Check the phone book for plastic or nylon supplies. Call and ask them if they have a piece for you. If that fails call a metal supply and check for a piece of brass rod that size.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here