Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any comments on State premier Hybrid water heater

Posted by cassie225 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 8:48

Any comments good or bad on State premier hybrid water heater. We live in a hot climate(Louisiana). Husband wants to replace two hot water heaters-30 gallon electric and 40 gallon gas with this thing.This hybrid has about a 25 gallon tank. Don't know why.Existing heaters in the attic. I say go back with what we have cause if it is working for you do the same thing. And boy is this hybrid expensive,approx. 1500 and that does not include install. Also our house is approx 30 years old. We are ditching AHS, they are crap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any comments on State premier Hybrid water heater

You should go to the US department of energy web site, or maybe Energy Star to get help in running numbers comparing how water heaters using your current fuel rates. HPWH can be a good deal compared to electric, but probably not so much with gas.

The existing HWH are in the attic because it saves space in the house. It is common practice in LA. You will probably want to move the HPWH to the living space to take advantage of the dehumidification and cooling It yields. If your current usage requires the full capacity of the two water heaters, you are very unlikely to be satisfied with the 25 gal hybrid.

Please consider installing a solar system. With current LA tax benefits of 50% of installed costs and fed programs at 30%, it makes solar about even with the HPWH in long-term costs.

o

Theres still tax benefits for solar.

o

You'd want a hybrid HWH in the living space? I thought they made a lot of noise, and therefore best suited in an outer space (garage)?

o

I know nothing about the noise. I am asking all opinions so that we may determine what will be the best option for us a family of four. We currently have 2. I am heading to the department of energy website after i post this comment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here