Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
adapting to european pipe sizes 4 towel warmer

Posted by sunroomguy (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 8:37

i am looking to buy a hydronic towel warmer from europe that has different threads than american black pipe. where can i get fittings to adapt? thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adapting to european pipe sizes 4 towel warmer

I can think of a half dozen methods of convertng the sizes but before doing so you better check your local codes very carefully.

Just as materials must be type accepted under the UL in the electrical trade in the plumbing trade we have a number of independant testing agencies and in the genreral rules of nearly all codes it states that you may not use any pipe, fitting, fixture or appurtenance that does not bear a type accepted approval rating from one or more of the following agencies:

ANSI....American National Standards Institute

ASTM..American Society for Testing & Material

ASSE...American Society of Sanitary Engineers

o

I'd contact these folks:
http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/atop/heatersbaseboardradiantindex.asp
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Euro hydronic heat

o

Where are you purchasing the towel warmer from?
The internet has made the global market a lot more local, many of the companies will have adapters.

I recently bought Villeroy & Boch Faucets for a customer, which shipped with US adapters - the difference was in the part number.

I would reach out to whoever you are purchasing the towel warmer from. I am sure you are not their first US customer.

If they can't help you ... find out the size of the tappings on their unit.

o

Euro pipe threads are not tapered, so special pipe dope is a crucial ingredient.
Casey

o

Did you ever actually get an answer to the question you posted. Lots of helpful info. but it did not appear that your question ever received a direct answer.
I wish to install an German home urinal in our California home to be constructed. The manufacturer does not sell to the States and does not offer adapters, so i am interested in what you learned about adapters.

o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominal_Pipe_Size

here is an example of the kind of information available to one and all.

Email the German manufacturer to give you the numbers and letters you will need to be able to specify what thread sizes their product's pipes have. Then it's a mere matter of sending that information to a plumbing supply house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here