Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on kitchen sink and faucet

Posted by a.girl.named.max (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 24, 11 at 7:47

Cross posting from kitchen forum.

I've seen similar requests but I can't find the links. I used GW advice for my bathroom reno, new furnace, AC, and water heater. The advice was great! Now I'm tackling a budget kitchen remodel. The cabinets have been ordered and should be here in less than 3 weeks! I have to find a new sink and faucet before the cabinets arrive.

Kitchen Faucet.
I need an affordable kitchen faucet. I would like a single handle, pull-out faucet. I'd rather have the handle on the back of the faucet and not on the side. I'd also like a soap dispenser or is that something I can add later?

Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink.
I need an affordable 33" double basin, topmount, 18 gauge or better, stainless steel sink that is approximately 8" deep. I don't care for the look of Ticor. How many holes will the sink need in order to accomodate the faucet I mentioned above?

I need your advice on brands/models and where to purchase.

Thank you so much, Max

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on kitchen sink and faucet

The kitchen guys talk alot about this stuff. You might want to try there.

o

2 holes or 4 holes. How about a Delta Palo since they're simple to repair. The last hole is for the soap dispenser.

o

I would suggest a Ticor sink from galaxy tool supply. The value is excellent, good range of styles and everyone who has them likes them.Remember that the lower the gauge on a ss sink, the thicker the steel. I prefer 16 gauge.

Would also recommend a pull-down faucet. Kohler Simplice is an excellent choice. Grohe Minta is more modern style but also well regarded. Some like the Delta touch faucets but those are in the higher range. "Affordable" can be a relative term.

I had 2 soap dispensers and hated them. There was a thread recently on the kitchen forum about them. I seem to be in the minority. I much prefer the Simplehuman sensor countertop dispenser I recently purchased on Amazon. If I had space for another sink hole 'd use it for undersink filtered water. Another game changer that let me stop buying the bottles.

But again, these are preferences.

Best to decide how many holes you will need for faucet plus whatever in advance -- but that depends on the type of sink you purchase and the type of counter. I personally would get an undermounted sink, budget permitting. Then they can drill the number of holes you need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ticor sinks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here