Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dual-Flush Toilet

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 7:42

Cross-post from BR forum.

Thinking about a dual flush toilet for our powder room.
I haven't seen any posts on them here in a while and wondering people's thoughts.
Considering Kohler Saile or Toto Aquia or Toto Aquia II, but open to suggestions, including being talked out of it.

Additional Q's:

-How do you know which 1/2 of the button is which? Are they labeled? (They should be labeled #1 and #2).

-How will my GUESTS know? Will I need to hang up a sign with instructions in there?

-If the flush button is on top of the toilet, where do I put the box of tissues? There isn't room on the bathroom vanity.

-Does "stuff" go down in this toilet or get stuck?

-I read that it's easier to get streak marks. True?

-Are you happy with this toilet???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dual-Flush Toilet

The Toto Aquia is a very nice, comfortable toilet.

It was originally made to work in a quick replacement commercial environment so the flange adaptor installation is fairly unique and permanently attaches to the floor. This will makes things more complicated if you later wish to go back to an older style toilet.

The two buttons are simply over ridden by pushing down and holding them down which a person not familiar with the system would usually do.

There is little water in the bowl and a premium on bombing accuracy and pre positioning of toilet paper. It is a toilet best suited to exclusive ensuite private use by adult married couples in North America.

Given your space requirements, best to get something more conventional.

This post was edited by laat2 on Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 12:19

o

"ensuite private use...." ?

o

Buzz Off

o

Well done, latt2. I didn't understand your comment - given your attitude, I now don't want to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here