Safety drain cover for public drain

Posted by dominoswrath (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 4:50

who do I talk to about it?

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:35

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safety drain cover for public drain

A public safety hazard can be called into the police non-emergency phone number, especially when you can identify the person deliberately causing the hazard. You can also contact the Department of Public Works, or whoever has responsibility for that drain.

o

Have you talked to the neighbour and expressed your concerns? That would be the first step.

o

Call whatever government entity maintains the drain and demand they bolt the grate down.

Or even lock it down.

o

Thanks for the feedback.
I think I will contact the department of public works and start there.

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:37

o

As part of your civil discourse with your neighbor did you call him a retard? Folks with physical and mental disabilities tend to find that word offensive.

The answer is obvious, debris clogs the drain during heavy rains and your neighbor is unwilling to put on his poncho and clear it with his rake. Maybe you should go out during the next rain storm and show him how easy it is to clear the drain. Good neighbors should help each other!

o

Mike,
I think you missed the part where domino said :
the debris should be removed with a garden rake to allow proper flow of water. We just purchased this property recently and will tend to this drain accordingly

o

Yes. He prefers it.

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:38

o

Who keeps putting the drain cover back on?

o

I'm not sure how common courtesy and sensitivity for the feelings of others become "political correctness." I just thought it was part of being a decent human being.

o

Duplicate post

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:40

o
RE: Safety drain cover

duplicate post

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:41

o

I find that word offensive as well. It might just be me, but we have a beautiful child in our family with Downs. That's enough said.

This post was edited by SouthernCanuck on Sat, May 4, 13 at 5:09

o

Sorry Southern, I'm reluctantly with domino on this one. The word isn't maybe the best choice, but it's far from the worst.

He was venting his frustration with a neighbor who repeatedly doesn't see the problem he's causing. I knew what he meant and why, you did too. He didn't make up this word and he didn't use it to refer to your family member.

I've known some minority group members who always use the R word when someone uses harsh language in their direction or when the outcome of something isn't as they desired. For them, as for you, lighten up a bit.

Locker room language isn't just used in locker rooms.

o

Communicating with the neighbor should be the first step. While it may be unsuccessful, if it does work, it is by far the best solution. If not successful, get the government authority involved. But be aware that the neighbor will look carefully to see if there is some ordinance that you may be violating. And no doubt there is-- we have so many laws that it is now illegal to do anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here