Safety drain cover for public drain

domino123
10 years ago

who do I talk to about it?

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:35

Comments (14)

• randy427
    11 years ago

A public safety hazard can be called into the police non-emergency phone number, especially when you can identify the person deliberately causing the hazard. You can also contact the Department of Public Works, or whoever has responsibility for that drain.

• greg_2010
    11 years ago

Have you talked to the neighbour and expressed your concerns? That would be the first step.

• brickeyee
    11 years ago

Call whatever government entity maintains the drain and demand they bolt the grate down.

Or even lock it down.

• domino123
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback.
    I think I will contact the department of public works and start there.

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:37

• mike_kaiser_gw
    11 years ago

As part of your civil discourse with your neighbor did you call him a retard? Folks with physical and mental disabilities tend to find that word offensive.

The answer is obvious, debris clogs the drain during heavy rains and your neighbor is unwilling to put on his poncho and clear it with his rake. Maybe you should go out during the next rain storm and show him how easy it is to clear the drain. Good neighbors should help each other!

• greg_2010
    11 years ago

Mike,
    I think you missed the part where domino said :
    the debris should be removed with a garden rake to allow proper flow of water. We just purchased this property recently and will tend to this drain accordingly

• domino123
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes. He prefers it.

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:38

• piedmontnc
    11 years ago

Who keeps putting the drain cover back on?

• mike_kaiser_gw
    11 years ago

I'm not sure how common courtesy and sensitivity for the feelings of others become "political correctness." I just thought it was part of being a decent human being.

• domino123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Duplicate post

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:40

• domino123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

duplicate post

This post was edited by dominoswrath on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 18:41

• southerncanuck
    10 years ago

I find that word offensive as well. It might just be me, but we have a beautiful child in our family with Downs. That's enough said.

This post was edited by SouthernCanuck on Sat, May 4, 13 at 5:09

• Elmer J Fudd
    10 years ago

Sorry Southern, I'm reluctantly with domino on this one. The word isn't maybe the best choice, but it's far from the worst.

He was venting his frustration with a neighbor who repeatedly doesn't see the problem he's causing. I knew what he meant and why, you did too. He didn't make up this word and he didn't use it to refer to your family member.

I've known some minority group members who always use the R word when someone uses harsh language in their direction or when the outcome of something isn't as they desired. For them, as for you, lighten up a bit.

Locker room language isn't just used in locker rooms.

• bus_driver
    10 years ago

Communicating with the neighbor should be the first step. While it may be unsuccessful, if it does work, it is by far the best solution. If not successful, get the government authority involved. But be aware that the neighbor will look carefully to see if there is some ordinance that you may be violating. And no doubt there is-- we have so many laws that it is now illegal to do anything.