Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need recommendation on tub/shower valve

Posted by cal_dreamer (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 1:37

Hi everyone,

We need to replace some tub/shower plumbing due to freeze damage. (Thought we winterized well enough, but forgot to open the shower valve) The Hansgrohe set-up I have isn't made anymore so I want to replace it with something I can easily get parts for.

I'll be shopping at one of the big box stores. Any recommendations on brands and/or type? (Cartridge vs ceramic disk?)

Any brands I should stay away from? (The plumber told me not to get pegasus or something else, and I can't remember. I think he said American Standard and Delta are fine.)

Helpful advice would be appreciated ~ Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here