Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Handheld shower head as primary?

Posted by Rachel_NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 15:17

Hi all - I am embarking on a kids bathroom addition and would like to have a handheld shower head on a bar in there for easy height adjustment as the kids grow. Anyone use a hand held shower head on its own, on a bar, as their only shower head? Which brand and are you happy?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Handheld shower head as primary?

Unless you child is very shy and obedient, a handheld shower head in a kids' bathroom will likely be used as a powerful squirt gun to repeatedly drench friends, family members, and the floor.

o

My house had one as did my last apartment. I find it is more useful for less than a year and then both of mine just took regular showers once they could stand. If you don't put it onto a bar, it is easy to swap back if you no longer need it. I would say that a bigger problem were the shower doors both of my places had.

o

We have one and I would never be without a hand shower! I love it, nice to be able to direct the shower precisely and get more shampoo out of long hair, rinsing the tub, etc. Ours is a large rainshower type. I tried out several showerheads before settling on this one, I just love it. Ours is slightly different than the one in the link, I don't know our model #.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainshower easyselect

o

I like them. Snidely, the kids would only do it once, if their parents are doing their job..lol.

I have had a handheld on a bar...it was an Italian brand, I really can't remember. I'm sure you'll be happy with one from a reputable manufacturer. They are great for cleaning as well.

If you're still at the point where you're going to be helping them wash their hair, it's invaluable.

One thing I did in that bathroom I mentioned was floor to ceiling tile. Worth the effort and expense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here