Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water Softener Sizing - SFR vs capacity, Please Help !

Posted by hotravi (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 9, 12 at 14:56

Thanking you all in advance for your HELP !

How do I find highest flow rate/pressure and pipe size for my house, how would that help me sizing the softener.
Is there anything to be placed between Gravel Underbed (20 pounds) and Resin (2 cubic feet), or just pour Resisn over the Gravel Underbed ? I would use 12" x 48" fiberglass tank
and 18x33 round brine tank.

Can I get more info on "Select Piping Connectors" while ordering the softener what should I select. 3/4', 1" or 1 1/2" and why??

Is the 64000 grain with Fleck 7000SXT valve size of water softener good for me or go to bigger size??

We use 400 gallon of water daily maximum. (2 bath & washer nothing fancy)

How often would I have to regenerate or program the valve
if I buy above capacity softener.

I am located in Edison NJ and water is supplied by "Middlesex Water Company"

ph 8.0
hardness 270 ppm / 16 - 17 grains per gallon
iron 0 (or) 0.10

Also what is difference between Fleck 7000SXT, Fleck 2510SXT and Fleck 5600SXT Are they all Metered on demand valve??

Can I use 3/4 in. x 24 in. Stainless-Steel and Brass Water Heater Connector to connect the softener to main pipe and out??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water Softener Sizing - SFR vs capacity, Please Help !

Of I already have lower basket, do I need upper basket too on valve? would it effect the flow?

o
RE: Water Softener Sizing - SFR vs capacity, Please Help !

You appear to have just enough information to buy the wrong softener so let's slow down...

hardness = 17 gpg
ph = 8 (a little high)
iron = .010 ppm?

What is the manganese and TDS?

How many people in the house?

What size is the plumbing where you will install the softener?

Does the plumbing intercept the water service entering the home?

Do you have a drain and AC outlet at that location?

For SFR, put a bucket under the tub spout and open both hot and cold. Measure how many seconds it takes to put one gallon in the bucket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here