Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet Advice

Posted by BottomlyPotts (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 13:31

Please can anyone recommend a good toilet that we can buy for our new bathroom that flushes well first time? In my experience modern toilets seem to need flushing several times (and so don't save water!). Specific information would be very helpful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet Advice

I just installed a Penguin toilet from Lowe's in our bathroom. I chose it because it is a 1.28gpf toilet, has ovelflow prevention, was moderately priced, and I had a 10% off moving coupon. We haven't had any problems with it not flushing the first time....

That's just my results with a modern toilet...

o

The new modern toilets work very well compared to the modern toilets of 5 or 10 yrs ago... Just saying.

But, we love our Toto Drake II.

o

The new modern toilets work very well compared to the modern toilets of 5 or 10 yrs ago... Just saying.

But, we love our Toto Drake II.

o

Hi, I am new here, but I have a Kohler Cimarron K-3609 and I love it. Here are a few reasons why I think it is better than the Toto Drake. 1. It seems to have better bowl wash, because the water doesn't just drop straight down. 2. I have flushed about 150 sheets of toilet paper down it (just for the fun of it) and it went down without any problems. I did it with a Drake, however, and it clogged. 3. The flush valve will last longer, because it is a tower, not a flapper, like the Drake has. I think the Kohler Cimarron is the best because it has extremely good flush performance, good looks, and awesome bowl wash. Hope I helped!

o

> 1. [the Kohler Cimarron] seems to have better bowl wash [than the Toto Drake], because the water doesn't just drop straight down

It does in the original Drake (still sold), but not the Drake II, which swirls water around the sides forcefully, all from just two large openings under the rim). I just had one put in, and it works great even though it's a 1.28gpf model. All of the Toto commodes that work this way use what they call a "double cyclone" flush - the Drake II is the least expensive.

o

http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Toilet-Forum-discussions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here