Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tungsten79

HELP! Cutting a gas line for a kitchen remodel

tungsten79
11 years ago

Hello all - redoing the kitchen and have a question about a gas line. It's currently a few inches away from the viking range we bought - there is only a narrow channel built into the range for the gas line to fit behind the stove. Otherwise, we have to move all the cabinets and stove forward by almost 2" to make them flush with the edge of the gas line.

I want to cut the gas line to below the rise of the cabinets, then use an elbow joint to have it rise perfectly into the channel for the stove.

Contractor says this isn't possible/recommended because it will be overly difficult in our condo building but I can't imagine this is true.. any help greatly appreciated.

The gas line is currently 19" from the ground (wood floors, then concrete). The ikea base cabinets will have some space below them (they sit on legs). I suppose the line would have to be cut near the floor (almost at the floor surface to accommodate the elbow, extra pipe, etc) -- maybe a flex pipe?

THANKS a ton in advance

here's a picture:

http://s1306.beta.photobucket.com/user/tungsten79/media/gasline_zpsee79855f.jpg.html

Comments (2)