Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot-filler on exterior wall?

Posted by seosmp (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 11:05

Hi,

[I also posted this on the Kitchens forum].

I currently have a pot-filler planned in my kitchen remodel. My cooktop, however, will be along an exterior wall.

I'm in the Chicago area where we have some pretty cold winters!

Does anyone here have a pot-filler installed along an exterior wall and live in a similar climate? If so, did you take special care in installing the piping? I've read a few suggestions on various forums, but I don't want to run any risk of freezing pipes!

My alternative is to install a deck-mounted pot-filler, but I'd prefer wall-mounted (simply for looks).

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot-filler on exterior wall?

Just insulate the bajezus out of the wall cavity, shouldn't be a problem. You should also wrap the pipes with a pipe sleeve.

o
RE: Pot-filler on exterior wall?

I'm in Pennsylvania and it gets cold here too. I have a shower fixture on an outside wall with an access panel on the outside. its all covered in siding with J channel around it so it can be removed to service. I know it is well insulated and the pipes are wrapped too. it has never frozen even when it has got to 10*F outside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here