Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
regulator in Grohe Rainshower

Posted by marlowe55 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 6, 11 at 9:30

Has anyone ever remove the pressure regulator from a Grohe Rainshower. I poked at it a few times and pulled on it with pliers, but it didn't come out easily. Are regulators ever integral to the proper functioning of the shower head, or can they always be pulled out? What's the best way to pull them out -- in general, or specifically for this model?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: regulator in Grohe Rainshower

The rainshower is very disappointing unless there is adequate volume and water pressure.

Before you destroy the shower head, start by cleaning any debris from the shower control valve. Take off the lever handle, remove the valve cartrige, and clean out the screen inside the mixing valve. This is the most common cause of low flow issues with a thermostatic shower control. I'll bet the screen is totally gunked up, especially if you've never cleaned it. I recommend at least one time per year, or when the water flow drops in the shower.

After you are sure the valve is free of debris, and if the flow is still inadequate:

If the regulator is plastic, I drill out the center with a 1/8" or 5/32" bit. That's the best way to maintain all the proper functions and improve the volume of water flow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here