Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mounting kitchen sink rough-in plumbing

Posted by dalepres (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 9:07

I am installing a new kitchen sink in a mobile home with PVC/CPVC pipe. The sink is on an outside wall (not sure it matters, but just in case).

Under the old sink, the plastic pipes move around easily; they're not solidly attached where they come up from the floor. The original pipes were polybutylene and I replaced all of the that garbage with PVC and CPVC but came up the same holes as the old junk came up.

Now we're moving the sink to another wall and we want to do a better job this time around.

So, my question is: what would the professionals do to solidly fix the rough-in cold and hot pipes so that the stubs coming up from the floor or in from the wall are solid? I've searched for some sort of header and am surprised that I can't find such a thing. It seems that such a thing would help ensure some standardization in how the undersink is plumbed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mounting kitchen sink rough-in plumbing

Some blocking and pipe straps.

o

Interesting. That was about all I could find in any pictures, too - even for copper pipes.

Someone should invent a split flange that interlocks around a pipe and can be glued to it. Glue it on and screw it to the blocking.

o

Why bother having another piece of hardware when a plain old pipe hanger(s) (and something to attach it onto) is all that is needed?

You already need to use a hanger compatible with the pipe material.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here