Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink hardware/fixtures

Posted by buttaman (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 11 at 9:06

Anyone have any opinion on the quality of Danze fixtures? Looking for high quality and want to get away from big box standards (Delta, Kohler, Moen) . Anyone with experience with this brand?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink hardware/fixtures

1/ that brand is not high quality.

2/ i like the goal of getting away from big box standards (you mentioned Delta, Kohler, Moen).

note that these companies also have subsidiaries making faucets under another name, so they can sell more without labeling them as "Delta, Kohler, Moen, etc". There are several hundred brand names in total, and more ever day as marketing experts seek to occupy new niches in the public's mind. A new name is one way to make it seem new, or different, or more exclusive.

if your goal is to buy from a smaller manufacturer, i could name a few brands. I've spent a few years studying the faucet market.

Please add a few remarks about what you are hoping for, or what you are hoping to avoid.

o
RE: Sink hardware/fixtures

davidro1, would love to hear what you know. I am in process of renovating a basement and in need of two bar faucets. I prefer a stainless or rubbed bronze and one hole set up. I like the look of the Kohler Essex, but don't want to spend nearly that much. Been looking on overstock.com but seem to mostly carry no-name brands. Thanks for your insight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here