Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dishwasher using only water tanks

Posted by rlb123 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 6:10

Hi,
I am building a new home which doesn't have running water, only water tanks. I want to have a dishwasher. Does anyone know if there will be any problems running the dishwasher.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dishwasher using only water tanks

Dishwashers not only need a water supply, but need water under pressure.

So you would need a pressurized tank using a pump from your tanks to the holding pressurized tank.

o

Theoretically, if the tanks had enough "head" ie, uphill far enough, you might not need a pump, but if you're using rainwater from the roof, there's not going to be enough pressure.

Your washing machine will probably be an issue too. Most solenoid valves found in dishwashers and washing machines require a fair amount of water pressure to operate.

What you should do, and I'd assume building regulations would require is a pressure pump, something like this (I'd assume it would have a tank with a bladder, but this is the general idea:

Here is a link that might be useful: Pressure pump

o

"Most solenoid valves found in dishwashers and washing machines require a fair amount of water pressure to operate. "

The valves are electric, though they often have a large pressure drop when they are open (they are typically pretty small bore valves).

A bladder type pressure tank should take care of the problem.

This post was edited by brickeyee on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 12:42

o

i would contact a mob called TopTanks

they organized a specialized pump for me in a similar situation, they may be able to do the same for yourself.

goodluck

Here is a link that might be useful: water tanks

o

Dishwasher is a mechanical device which is used to clean dishes and eating utensils. Dishwasher needs both water supply as well as water comes in pressure because it cleans utensils by spraying hot water typically between 55 degree to 75 degree. Here water is rotate from one more rotating sprays arms, which clean the dishes with the cleaning mixture.

Here is a link that might be useful: hiblow hp

This post was edited by JeromeMoler on Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 3:22

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here