Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlundin04

Re: urgent new house water softener overflow valve burst

jlundin04
10 years ago

Woke up at 130 in the morning to a loud water noise. Ran into the laundry room, floor was flooded with water and water was shooting out of the red and blue knobs. I don't know much about this stuff I'm a first time homeowner. This is a town home moved a couple of months ago. I guess I never noticed but I'm pretty sure there is like 3 water softeners in there. Two smaller ones and one big one. I turned off the water to the house and it's still dripping I don't know what to do can someone please help me. I'm sorry if any part of this doesn't make sense I'm just extremely tired

Justin

Comments (4)

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding

Once you have the bypass in place so you have water, then the next step is to figure out what you currently have in place. I doubt you have three softeners - you could have a sediment filter, iron fitler and water softener, or any number of combinations of treatment. Take some pics of what you have and post them. Find any labels and post that information so we can try to determine what you've got.

• Are you on city or well water?

• Do you have the names of the previous owners so you can ask them what is there? Perhaps your real estate agent could help.

• It is a good idea to have a local water treatment pro out to take a look, do some analysis and make recommendations. If there is a sticker with a company name on

any of the equipment, that's a good place to start.

A three valve bypass looks like this:

Once you have the bypass in place so you have water, then the next step is to figure out what you currently have in place. I doubt you have three softeners - you could have a sediment filter, iron fitler and water softener, or any number of combinations of treatment. Take some pics of what you have and post them. Find any labels and post that information so we can try to determine what you've got.

• Do you have the names of the previous owners so you can ask them what is there? Perhaps your real estate agent could help.

• It is a good idea to have a local water treatment pro out to take a look, do some analysis and make recommendations. If there is a sticker with a company name on

10 years ago

1st, call a plumber and have a 3-valve bypass installed so you can have water to your house and the luxury of time to figure out what you already have in place and the best way to treat your water moving forward.

This post was edited by aliceinwonderland_id on Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 10:30