Return to the Plumbing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaky Danze Kitchen Faucet -- Help!

Posted by devilsdue (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 2:33

Hi everyone,

I have a Danze Parma D405558 faucet in the kitchen (found the manufacturer's diagram here: http://danze.com/products/pdfs/D405558_ip.pdf) It has a spout that swivels horizontally (left/right) and it's leaking right at the lines where the swivel/spout assembly joins the body of the faucet (basically part 7 on that diagram.) The faucet is only a year old, so I really don't want to have to replace it.

Is this something I can repair myself? What parts should be replaced? Or should I just give up and get a new faucet that doesn't break after only 1 year?

I'd really appreciate any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaky Danze Kitchen Faucet -- Help!

The o-rings that are identified as item #8 on the drawing are the most likely culprits. If you remove the spout, there will be one upper and one lower one the barrel section. You can probably find suitable generic replacements at the hardware store. Clean all internal surfaces and apply plumber's silicon grease to the o-rings when reassembling.

o

Is replacing O-rings something a non-handy person like myself can do?

o

There are a number of things you can do. This article explains some help for other people who may be having problems

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Fix a Leaky Danze Faucet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumbing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here