Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quandary_gw

New Bosch dishwasher leak

quandary
11 years ago

One of the first steps of installation: Lay the dishwasher on its back and attach a 90 degree elbow joint with teflon tape to the threaded inlet hole. Instructions warned "Do not over-tighten", but required the 90 degree elbow joint to be oriented in a specific position for attachment of the braided stainless steel hot water supply line. I worried that I might over tighten getting the joint correctly oriented, but believed I had a good connection. Had a heck of a time getting the dishwasher into the height of the opening, but finally got it in and everything connected. Ran a load and discovered a tiny (no more than a drip or two) leak coming from the elbow joint/inlet hole connection.

While it was easy to make that connection with the DW on its back, now that it's installed, it will be hard to access with a wrench. I really don't want to pull the dishwasher out.

Should I try to further tighten that connection? Even assuming I can get to it, I risk messing up the orientation of the angle.

Call a plumber?

Slide a shallow pan under there and install the toe panel? (Just kidding!)

Bosch should make that angle a factory installation, so you just attach the supply line.

Comments (3)