Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
compiler

Faucet has lifetime warranty for its leak or drip free

compiler
14 years ago

I saw Moen provides lifetime warranty for the faucet leak and drip free. Does it mean Moen will replace the faucet if it is not repairable or you must try to repair it first? Have you ever claim the warranty for the leak or drip on the Moen faucet? The leak or drip is a common problem. If Moen truly warrants its faucet leak or drip free for lifetime, that is a great warranty.

Comments (22)

• homebound
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I once called them for a dripping shower and they sent a new cartridge without delay and without needing a receipt, etc.

I think they will walk you through replacing it, too, but not sure about that. You could always give them a call.

• compiler
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It seems only Moen provides lifetime warranty for the faucet leak and drip free. Do you agree Moen faucet is the best faucet among of all other brands?

• curb1
    14 years ago

Moen warranty is only for the original owner. I just talked to them last week.

• live_wire_oak
    14 years ago

Most all of your good faucet makers provide a lifetime warranty. American Standard, Delta, Moen, Kohler. All have lines that have lifetime warranties. That doesn't mean they won't ever leak, or that you take the faucet back to HD and have them replace it. It means if you call them up, they'll send you replacement parts and you either install them or pay your plumber to install them. A "lifetime warranty" means the maker has confidence in the quality of their product, but isn't always a indication of quality level. A better indication of quality would be ceramic disc cartridge valves that will grind up any mineral deposits on them and be more leak free than the alternatives. But, if you are in a situation like on well water, that eats faucet innards alive, then nothing short of water treatment will end up solving that problem. Even good quality faucets won't stand up to aggressive well water and will leak sooner rather than later.

• joed
    14 years ago

Warranty might be for orginal owner, but if I walk into my lodal Canadian Tire with a cartridge they will hand me a new one no questions.

• nigelsgarden
    14 years ago

I've had Delta, Moen and Grohe send replacement parts, no questions asked beyond what the problem is. There's really no way to prove who original owner is.

• compiler
    Original Author
    14 years ago

But, only Moen states the lifetime warranty for leak or drips free while the other brands lifetime warranty does not specifically state for the leak or drip free. Thats the difference.

• abcdef_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Today I called Moen for replacement catridge and they said they will mail it today, no questions asked, I am the second owner of the house.

• dan_martyn
    12 years ago

KOHLER� Faucet Lifetime Limited Warranty
    Kohler Co. warrants its faucets manufactured after January 1, 1997, to be leak and drip free during normal residential use for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns his or her home. If the faucet should leak or drip during normal use, Kohler Co. will, free of charge, mail to the purchaser the cartridge necessary to put the faucet in good working condition. This warranty applies only to Kohler Faucets installed in the United States of America, Canada or Mexico (North America).

Kohler Co. also warrants all other aspects of the faucet or accessories ("Faucet")**, (except gold, non-PVD Vibrant�, non-chrome finishes) to be free of defects in material and workmanship during normal residential use for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns his or her home. If a defect is found in normal residential use, Kohler Co. will, at its election, repair, provide a replacement part or product, or make appropriate adjustment. Damage to a product caused by accident, misuse, or abuse is not covered by this warranty. Improper care and cleaning will void the warranty.*** Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) must be provided to Kohler Co. with all warranty claims. Kohler Co. is not responsible for labor charges, installation, or other incidental or consequential costs. In no event shall the liability of Kohler Co. exceed the purchase price of the Faucet.

If the Faucet is used commercially or is installed outside of North America or if the finish is gold, non-PVD Vibrant or non-chrome, Kohler Co. warrants the Faucet to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date the product is installed, under Kohler Co.'s standard one-year limited warranty.

If you believe that you have a warranty claim, contact Kohler Co., either through your Dealer, Plumbing Contractor, Home Center or E-tailer, or by writing: Kohler Co., Attn.: Customer Service Department, 444 Highland Drive, Kohler, WI 53044, USA. Please be sure to provide all pertinent information regarding your claim, including a complete description of the problem, the product, model number, color, finish, the date the product was purchased and from whom the product was purchased. Also include your original invoice. For other information, or to obtain the name and address of the service and repair facility nearest you, call 1-800-4KOHLER (1-800-456-4537) from within the USA, 1-800-964-5590 from within Canada and 001-877-680-1310 from within Mexico.

KOHLER CO. AND/OR SELLER ARE PROVIDING THESE WARRANTIES IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KOHLER CO. AND/OR SELLER DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

Some states/provinces do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of such damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state/province to state/province.

This is Kohler Co.'s exclusive written warranty.

• jmason7725
    8 years ago

called them about a unrepairable hose leak.they .would not replace the hose or faucet.,bad cust.service. not satisfied .

• kudzu9
    8 years ago

jmason-

Who is "them"? And are you the original purchaser?

• kiwiname
    8 years ago

Does anybody know how faucet companies would have handled the warranty? Which company has the best products for comparable prices and best customer service? Mowen was very helpful and patient with all my questions. I have a whirlpool tub that has the dreaded gold fixtures. They tried to work it out for me but I would have to remove my built in tub to get to the fixtures. With another problem, I had a broken kitchen faucet. They could tell I wasn't the original owner by the product number (that had been discontinued) and they looked up the government sales records. I was the 2nd owner of the house. Therefore, it was not covered. My next door neighbor had exactly the same kitchen faucet that broke the exact same way within 2 months of mine. They were recorded as the original owner on the tax records and it was covered. I will save my receipt and pass it on when I sell my house. But, I don't think the next owner would have a problem anyway. But, why take the chance. I keep a file of things I have done for when I sell the house, receipts, where I bought them, brands and samples when possible. My previous homeowner did it and it has saved me so much trouble looking for things.

• ppiiigg
    8 years ago

Don't kid yourself. When we built our home we were told Moen would warranty all fixtures as long as we owned the home.. Sign us up right.. Not the case at all they have many restrictions and reservations to get around their "warranty" and they do change styles as the fashion dictates so you have to replace your entire fixture anyway. I have been in my home 20 years and they do not have all the parts available because they don't manufacture that style anymore.. So I have to replace two fixtures if I want everything to look good.. I will say too that Moen has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with..

• kudzu9
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hard to explain different experiences. I've had Moen replace a faucet that was about 15 years old and all they needed was a photo to prove I owned it, and to ID the correct model. Didn't request any other kind of documentation.

• kiwiname
    8 years ago

What brand and color should I buy? I am afraid that anything but chrome will go out of style. The brushed nickel comes in 2 different shades. The lighter shade might work OK with chrome or white porcalin towel racks but it looks like cheap alumium. I have a all gold bathroom and they would have to remove the whirlpool tube to change out the fixture and replacement jets are $1,000. The shower stall, window and everything else is gold too. Would the darker brushed nickel be OK or do I have to give into replacement gold?

• Joanne Hummert
    6 years ago

I bought the MOEN kitchen faucet in the 80s, got a replacement cartridge when it leaked, after 12 yrs. Now, after 13 yrs, leaking again. I called MOEN and they said they do not guarantee their faucets forever anymore and would send me ONE MORE cartridge replacement.

• macfan
    6 years ago

Nothing but good experiences with Moen not only with replacing cartridges but with claims on the finish as well. Emailed pictures and free replacement parts sent by mail. Entirely different experience with American Standard. Sent them pictures expecting lifetime finish guarantee to be honoured and was told the shower faucet had rusted from my water and rust is not a finish issue!

• _sophiewheeler
    6 years ago

Rust is NOT a finish issue. There is no iron in a faucet to rust. It's brass and chrome, or brass and nickel, or brass and whatever finish you pick. Iron in your water or your resting galvanized pipes can leave rust stains, but that is because you don't have the proper water filtration system to remove the iron, or haven't replaced the rusting pipes. None of that is a manufacturing issue at all.

• geoffrey_b
    6 years ago

Nothing lasts forever.

• HU-254888942
    2 years ago

A plumber has replaced the cartridge and the tap is still dripping. It is just 6 years and no one seems to know how to fix the problem

• kudzu9
    2 years ago

If it has a lifetime warranty, contact the manufacturer and have them send an entire faucet.